Today I will share a little tip for those of you who have a problem with keeping their eye make-up flawless and long-lasting. Before I used **what I will talk about in a minute** my eyeshadow would always end up bundled up in my crease, fading or smudging after a while. Sooo damn annoying! When I started browsing blogs and watching YouTube a few years ago, I ended up finding this tip. I’ve got to say: it works wonders! 🙂
So when you experience the same problem as I had, I highly recommend that you invest in an eyeshadow primer! It’s like a primer for your face but then one for your eyes. You apply it just before you start applying your eye make-up. If you suffer from redness or veins peeking through, a colored eyeshadow primer will cover those up as well!
1) Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (clear). This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow primer. I picked it up while I was visiting the States two years ago and it’s still going strong! 😉 You can find it online on http://www.narscosmetics.eu/complexion/primers/~/smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base for 25EUR. (I know it’s expensive but it’s really good!)
2) Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (the original one which is also clear). This little guy comes with the Naked 1 palette. UD has other Primer Potions and some of them are colored. You can buy them on http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/urbandecay/g/eyeshadowprimerpotion/ for 21,20EUR.
3) MAC Paint Pot Painterly (colored – flesh tone). A base that covers up your veins and redness to provide a smooth surface for you to start applying your eye make-up. I have to admit that although a lot of people love this primer, it’s not my absolute favorite. I find that my make-up doesn’t last as long as the other two. Another downside is, because I’m so pale the color isn’t really flesh toned for me. I would say rather a pinky color. You can find this at a MAC counter for 19EUR.
4) Benefit Stay Don’t Stray (colored). A primer and concealer all in one. Because my skin is quite fair I only use this strictly for the eyelid. But be careful: one pump gives you more then you actually need! This one sells for around 25EUR.
If you’re not really sure or don’t wanna spend extra money you can always use your concealer as a base. My favorite would be the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Because this one prevents creasing compared to other concealers.
I know that some drugstore brands have cheaper alternatives. Because I haven’t tried those I can’t give my honest opinion. I swatched the one Essence makes but it’s waaaay 2 dark and yellow for me!
Did you find this little tip helpful? Let me know! 🙂
A few blogposts ago I told you I was going to London for a few days. Today I show you the Beauty products I picked up while I was there. I recently ordered a few things online so I didn’t need to pick up ‘that much’ British goodies. 😉 😉
After Primark (that was our first stop when arriving in London) we went to Victoria Secret. I found the perfume I talked about and wanted. I picked up the smaller size which was 50ml for £42. That’s still kinda pricey but I really wanted it. P.S. I looove the bottle! (Do you also get sucked in by cute packaging??? 🙂 *oh-oh*)
All the other items are from Boots. I got to say, I think we stopped in every Boots we could find in Oxfordstreet… They have some really good deals going on right now, so if you live in England definitely check it out. For those of you who live in Belgium, you can now order stuff from Boots online! *yaaay* Shipping costs £9,99 (that’s the downside but still..). http://www.international.boots.com
- Hydraluron Moisture Booster -> £16,66 (instead of £24,99). This is my daily serum. I ordered it from Ebay a couple of times but it’s waaaay cheaper when you buy it in Boots.
- Soap & Glory ‘No Cloggs Allowed – Super self-heating deep pore detox mask’ -> £7,67 (instead of £11,50).
- Clean & Clear ‘Advantage Spot Treatment gel’ -> £4,59.
- Superfacialist by Una Brennan ‘Rose hydrate cleanser’ -> £7,99. I blame Estée from Essiebutton.com for this one. 😉 I’ve already tried it a couple of times and I like it!
- Superfacialist by Una Brennan ‘Tea Flower – pore purifying clay mask’ -> £8,99.
- Soap & Glory ‘Kick Ass Concealer’ in the shade light -> £10.
- Bourjois ‘Healthy Mix foundation serum’ in the shade 52-vanilla -> £9,99.
- Bourjois ‘Healthy Balance compact powder’ in the shade 52-vanilla -> £8,99.
- L’Oréal ‘Miss Manga mascara’ -> £8,99.
- Lanolips 101 multipurpose balm -> £7,99 (Okay this was a big mistake! I picked it up and thought it was £1,09 but no, it costed the whole 7,99 pounds!).
- Rimmel nail polish in ‘Rose Libertine’ -> £1,99.
- Charles Worthington ‘Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm’ -> £11,33 (instead of £16,99). I’ve tried this last night and I like it so far. I’ve slept with it and washed it out this morning. The scent is amazing!
- Charles Worthington ‘Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray’ -> £6,99.
- Aussie ‘3 minute Miracle for Damaged hair’ -> £4,99 (or 3 Aussie products for £10).
- Vaseline Spray & Go -> £3,99 (instead of £4,99).
- Original Source Scrub -> £2,30.
- Original Source shower gel -> £2,30.
A Fashion Haul will be up on the blog very soon. Some pieces are in the washing machine so I’m waiting for them to dry. 😉
Have you guys tried any of these Beauty products? Let me know!